Sunday 8 May 2011

Princess for the day!




‘Prom’. This was the day I long for. The day when I can actually dress like Cinderella and attend a hall for the ballroom dance. My family could tell how special it was to me. In the early stages, finding the perfect dress was not as simple as ABC or 123, especially if it’s in my size. The first two days was a disaster and nothing but a waste of time. My friends had already found theirs and were left with only accessorizing the gown. I began to lose hope and started thinking twice about going for prom. Helplessly feeling, we strolled by Mango and stopped there. Right beside it was an outlet, called Quiz. Somehow, I had the hunch of going in and only hoping that they sell my roman-goddess look gown and just by the corner of the shop stood this beautiful white satin ad silk gown with embedded gold, silver and bronze beads and diamonds. It formed a huge V-shaped necklace and shined like twinkling stars from far away. I was beyond astounded by the dress itself and knew it was the right one for me. After finding a size 14, it fit perfectly and my girl friends loved it, said I look gorgeous! With a joyful tear in my eye I happily said, “thank you guys. That just made my day.” Moreover, the price was very reasonable compared to the rest and luckily, I did not have to accessorize much. They regretted not waiting longer and envied me. Phase 1 was completed, and now it was time to buy the shoes. To find for matching heels didn’t seem like a burden to me because I knew where I was heading and were to buy it when we get to the shop. Luck was all on my side that day. Thankfully, Shoe Mart still had stock of the beige wedges with glittering diamonds along the front of the heel till the top of the cross strap I wanted. Nothing was merely troublesome since then and I loved every minute of it. At that moment, only god knew how happy and satisfied I was. After a day’s fun, we all went our separate ways and headed home. Early 9pm the next morning, it was prom day. The guys were engaged with their tuxedos and ties while we were occupied with our hair and makeup. On that day, I had my mum to doll me up. Time was going by so fast it rushed me. It was time to strut like Cinderella and work the flow. Dad drove me and my 3 close friends to the hotel in a black, pimped out Hummer H3.It was already 8 pm and we were getting late. Turns out that we were the VIP of the night and got ourselves a lot of attention when entering in the ballroom.Hey, I loved it. I wasn’t sure if my friends were.2 hours passed, the class was bloated with the buffet, and to feel the sense of belonging to Cambridge school, identity, best dressed, prom king and queen sashes were given away to each student. I was awarded with “the baker “sash because I was mostly known for the girl who loved baking. It was hilarious. Unfortunately, I won 2nd place for the best dressed of the night. I was looking forward to that but the title was given to my classmate, Katie. I guess she deserved it. It was not long until the party was about the begin. At first each partner was accustomed to slow dance to ‘sway’ by Michael Buble.Without my notice, I was the first to be asked by one of the guys. Everyone cheered for me, and told me to go. I had butterflies in my stomach and wouldn’t stop blushing. The spotlight was on us most of the time and successfully, I didn’t trip on him and danced very well, I must say. Little by little, the rest of the clan joined and made it much merrier. Subsequently, ballroom dancing became a drag and was tiring all of us, so that’s when the real dancing began. The night went on and it was like mayhem in there. Partying non-stop like there’s no tomorrow if you know what I mean. The only thing that was running through my mind at that time was “I will have the time of my life and nothing’s going to stop me from it”.12.00 am struck and it was time for sad goodbyes. The principal broke the lively vibe and told us to go home. All in all, it was an unforgettable, the most special, enjoying day of my entire teenage life. I could have not asked for more. I lived my dream tonight and this would be the story that will live in me forever and would gladly tell my children as they would to theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment