Saturday 16 April 2011

The first of everything.


 “Taylors ,  Malaysia’s renowned university. “ those were the words that came out from mum’s friends mouths. It sounded very fascinating and my curiosity began to take me places. When I surf through taylors.edu.my, there were so many captivating photos of the campus and the rest of the university. The place is beautiful, and the rooms are designed to the highest means. Moreover,  Taylors school of communication tops all other similar ones  in Malaysia. At that instant, I knew that this was it for me. I really wanted to do media and this was a sign. You know how people say : a picture is worth a million words ? well this doesn’t.  Everything in the pictures which seemed so surreal and has amazed me beyond expectations.Anyhow,  Orientation week started, time to socialize and get to know your batch of people.On that day, there were both foundations and diploma courses like business computing and communication. Almost 3/4 of the massive hall was filled with students from everywhere.Speeches were given out by important people i have no idea of, but was intriguing .. in a way.Campus tours were held too, several times.On the third day of orientation, I took a stroll down Taylor's abbey and wondered everywhere.Somehow i ended up at the admin block.From there onwards, I figured i should get the basics like student ID,a taylorian T-shirt etc done first.Above all,I was pretty occupied with other matters which were dealt with fast thank god.After all that hassle, lectures began. Everyone was looking forward to it. There were a few ice breaking sessions which was, interesting, “awkweird “ ( my understanding of awkward and weird ) but amusing sometimes!  The lecturers were keen on getting us started, in terms of studying and a basic introduction of the courses which was indeed a common thing that they share (no offense intended) .  From my knowledge, the campus life here is highly sociable.But I LOVE IT.
Couple of days after came the party, at first I didn't have the heart to attend it at all. Unfortunately, I was having a stir of mix emotions, which could not be resolved till days after.Nevertheless,I threw all those away and headed to the multi purpose hall with that false smile on my face. What caught my eye was their lavish, over the top attire and attitude. It wasn't a pleasant sight to me.I felt disintegrated.Luckily,I had my new classmates with me and we enjoyed our time at the party together.One of them was even fortunate enough to win the grand prize.Besides that, I would rate the food as satisfactory, which included fried noodles,  vegetable spring rolls, white rice and some meat dish. Numerous performances by members of the groups and societies were presented during then.To conclude the event, they brought out the Taylor's dance group and challenged the audience to join. most of the people there had butterflies in their stomach , and tried to evacuate the hall A.S.A.P.Sooner or later, we join the clan and left too.I had to go back home with my parents and my friends had plans.As soon as we reached to the hostel, i dashed first to get my bag ready for the weekend as my mum and dad had already waited for me for about half an hour.As soon as i greeted them, story after story began to utter from my big mouth that to an extent, my parents thought that i had lost it, literally. On the other hand, it's pretty important or vital to me that i update my mum especially, about what has come into existence ever since i started here.Freedom is everything they say and based on my opinion, it is indeed a very free life.Seems a bit odd that now you're on your own, everything changes, from the constant ranting and friendly fights with your siblings, to cooking and baking for one. Bit of a downside for me , but hey once i graduate as a successful taylorian, I'm going to give myself the liberty to go for a holiday with the family and re-live the good old times and cherish the moments while i'm at it.Go back and rejoice to the times when it's alright to rant to one another and fighting with your brothers are very amusing.As this is my first post, I would like to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart who actually took the time to read my experiences in university and  are pleased with it. Hoping to see many more in the future. Always think positive and live a little. Thank you and god bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment