Saturday 16 April 2011

Living life independently .




So my first week at Taylors was something alright. Finally, I can take a breather and enjoy the environment. Starbucks in the morning, then Japanese by evening.   Coffee is the best remedy to lazy mornings, or maybe simply because I’m addicted to it? I don’t know. Japanese is heaven! I love having  “ bentos “ of all sorts. 
Basically, bentos consists of rice, various meat dishes of your choice, pickled ginger or horse raddish,salad, wasabi and green tea.  They are delish. Makes my mouth water now that I come to think of it. Maybe I’ll have some later. Well , the food court here is priced reasonably. However, if you ‘re going to be reside here for a long time, my advise would be to not eat there on a daily basis because eventually, you will get bored of seeing the same food  everyday, but there's no harm in trying a different dish each day.Then you'll know which ones are nice and which aren't.Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. Now,  what has come to mind is the security here. Back in the middle east, the crime rates are very low. Citizens were afraid of the consequences there, for example, let's say that you were accused of being a thief in the groceries store, and if you get caught by the shopkeeper, they will report you to the police and your hands will be chopped off, literally. This is a serious matter and only under valid reasons should  you be excused from this punishment, which i tell you.. happens VERY rarely. I got used to life there. Regardless of that, I was very impressed on how everything is well secured here.  Apart from it, my roommates are very friendly and welcoming.  The room, pantry and washrooms are well designed. It was everything I saw in the pictures, literally.Mum and I was thrilled to get my room equipped.however,that was a long process but was worth the time. What kills me inside is the fact that I have to be apart from the family.Positive thinking is the only way to get me through. I guess im not the only one facing it.To me, being independent is not as simple as ABC.You need to work your way through and never let anything hold you back.This is all part of  the process of being an adult.Anyhow, tutorials  have started in the second week.Thus, the launching of excessive  homework / assignments. I make that phrase sound so alienating, but it’s the truth.I was looking forward to it but something just bugs me every time I feel happy to attend  them.Maybe it's because of the duration, or my never-ending curiosity.But face it,we are going to eventually be loaded with assignments from everywhere. But hey, its for the best! 




No comments:

Post a Comment